On November 17th, Claire celebrated her birthday with friends and cousins. She settled on an arts and crafts party, though it really wasn't her first choice. Actually, I lost track of what her first choice was- she changed her mind multiple times daily, mostly wanting the same exact Hello Kitty party she had last year or a Dora party.
Guests were Brynn, Scarlett, Tessa, Brielle, Audrey, and Paisley.
The girls made 3 crafts. First was party crowns. I always envision things running more smoothly than they ultimately do. This craft was really intended to be mostly for keeping them busy while I helped a few at a time on the bigger, messier craft, but instead they all finished this pretty quickly.
The second craft was a canvas painting using a stencil of a heart. The contact paper we used for the stencil really didn't adhere to the canvas very well, so it made it pretty tricky, but I'm pretty sure the girls were still pretty proud of their art. This was definitely the most stressful part for me. 3 turning 4 year olds aren't the most patient people on the planet, and a couple had an incredibly difficult time waiting when I couldn't help them get started at that exact moment. My nerves may have begun to frazzle at this point...
Last, the girls made fruit loop rainbows. This was easy peasy and turned out really well.
After craft time, the girls ran off to go play while I cleaned up all the mess and set their crafts aside to dry. This began to deteriorate once everyone was upstairs. Let's just say that mean girl syndrome begins early and I may have flipped my lid, sending two party-goers home from the party.
4 year old birthday interview:
What is your favorite color? "Pink, purple, red"
Who is your best friend? "Tessa"
What is your favorite food? "Cheese and bean quesadilla"
Where do you like to go? "Mimi's house"
What do you do with Mom? "puzzles"
What do you do with Daddy? "Make stuff, muffins. Because once me and Daddy made some muffins for my class."
What do you like best about our family? "What does that really mean? That we clean up"
What makes you happy? "kitties"
What is your favorite thing to do? "Do a craft"
What are you really good at? "Riding my bike"
What is your favorite song? "I Am a Child of God"
What do you want to be when you grow up? "Veterinarian"
What are you scared of? "Shadows"
What is your favorite color? "Pink, purple, red"
Who is your best friend? "Tessa"
What is your favorite food? "Cheese and bean quesadilla"
Where do you like to go? "Mimi's house"
What do you do with Mom? "puzzles"
What do you do with Daddy? "Make stuff, muffins. Because once me and Daddy made some muffins for my class."
What do you like best about our family? "What does that really mean? That we clean up"
What makes you happy? "kitties"
What is your favorite thing to do? "Do a craft"
What are you really good at? "Riding my bike"
What is your favorite song? "I Am a Child of God"
What do you want to be when you grow up? "Veterinarian"
What are you scared of? "Shadows"
No comments:
Post a Comment