Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Days of Christmas, 13-24

December 13- Make treats to give classmates. The boys enjoyed putting together little baggies of hot chocolate mix with a candy cane and chocolate bar to give out at school.



December 14- Drive around to look at Christmas lights. The boys and I went to the gym that night, so on the way home we took a detour to drive through a nearby neighborhood that actually has a "best Christmas lights" competition. Nathanael also did some pretty sweet sumo deadlift high pulls during the workout that night.


December 15- *Make and drink fancy hot chocolate.
*Due to unseasonably warm weather, we opted to replace this with something else, which I'm not quite sure what it was. Perhaps this is when we finally made the peppermint Oreo puppy chow.


December 16- Annual carriage ride in downtown Fountain Inn.




December 17- Christmas stories before bed.
Nathanael enjoyed quite a fun day at school that day, but not quite as fun of a day as Claire had! She started off with toddler time at Chick Fil A with her friend Brynn. They listened to The Polar Express, Santa came, and then they made reindeer food.



After lunch, we went to Nathanael's class, where I was in charge of Nathanael's Christmas party. I planned a snowman themed party and some great parents obliged my requests for snowman decorated juice boxes, snowman plates/napkins, and snowman Oreos. I read a snowman story and Paul helped me work with the kids to make snowman ornaments. Earlier in the week I had watched the class while Mrs. Cole attended a teacher luncheon. The kids put their fingerprints on a plate to make reindeer, and we presented that at the party too. Mrs. Cole gave each child a book for Christmas and Claire wasn't quite sure why she didn't have a gift to open. 




December 18- Late night with a movie and popcorn.
Sam's school Christmas party was this day. His school did the party as an entire grade level, and Paul and I signed up to help with crafts. Claire is one lucky girl to get to crash all her brothers' activities.



December 19- *Decorate rice krispie treats.
*Due to an excessive amount of sweets in days leading up to this day, I opted to replace it with another activity. I don't recall what that was.

December 20- Take a neighborhood walk to look at lights with hot chocolate.

December 21- Christmas party with friends. I recycled Nathanael's class party theme to host a few friends at our house. We threw in a gift exchange and made a fun deconstructed snowman treat to round it out.







December 22- Make treats and deliver to firemen. This was kind of a bust. When we went to deliver the treats at the firehouse, we were greeted by a sleepy college student who lives at the firehouse while studying to be a fireman (??) at the local tech school. All the firemen were away at headquarters. 

December 23- Watch the Grinch and drink Grinch floats. The boys cheered when they read the slip of paper informing them this activity had finally arrived. They said they'd been waiting on it all year. Apparently, it's a favorite tradition. 

December 24- See a movie at the movie theatre



No comments: