Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Rest of February

I don't know exactly when it happened, but at some point life became so busy that I no longer have the time, energy, or desire to do many of the "extra" things I used to find pleasure in. Blogging, crafting, keeping a clean home...these things have been sliding a lot lately. Time is passing too quickly for me to keep up. I feel like I'm doing my best to just keep treading.
A lot has happened between February and now, yet I don't know how we've already gotten to May! Every day seems to blend right into the next. Any time I have a moment to look back on before Sam started school, I feel sadness for not savoring that time more. Our lives now are dictated so much by schedules that other people and entities set for our family.
In the month of February we decided to work on a family service project. We discussed as a family the organization we would help and how we could all be involved. For a couple of weeks we collected wish list items for a local sexual assault and child abuse recovery center. We wanted the kids to be as involved as possible, so Sam typed a letter to his classmates and asked for their help. We were able to collect and deliver a trunk load of items. The boys were really excited about all the great stuff we were able to collect for the center.



February is also when we received our snowfall for the year. It wasn't much, but the kids still had fun playing in it and even more fun just enjoying a few days off school. 




Claire had her second trip to the dentist, where she received a little stuffed monkey for giving up her pacifier. The boys had their very first haircuts given by someone other than Mom or Dad. 





Sam had a presentation at school to showcase a 6-week long research project. He chose to research car engines. To gather information, he visited Uncle Chris's home and garage, where he was able to look under the hood of the car Uncle Chris built and conduct an interview. He also went to visit Uncle Chris at work, where he was able to see a car transmission and learn a little more. 







No comments: