She and I went on a lunch date with Dad one random weekday to a Mexican restaurant downtown. Right now she's still a pretty decent little eater. Still waiting on that switch to flip just like it did with Nathanael (Sam was just born picky).
Sam has become interested in origami in recent months, so when I happened so see a program at the library for a Christmas origami class, I signed him up. We squeezed it in right before his basketball game one Saturday. He made a Christmas tree, wreath, dreidle, bow, and candle. We also checked out tons of origami books and he spent some of his time during Christmas break trying to make different things.
We made sure we saved time in the month for our date night exchange with the Dyrhaugs. Claire always looks forward to playing with Mylee and Camille on date nights, and Mylee and Nathanael have a very brother/sister-like relationship.
Claire knows we all think she's the cutest darn thing in the world, therefore she freely helps herself to whatever she wants with no thought of being reprimanded.Sometimes it's super duper cute, like when she gets into my bathroom drawers and squeezes out the tiniest dollop of lotion into the palm of her hand and then carries that dollop without rubbing it in for hours. Other times it's funny, like when I caught her eating a treat, having also carefully selected two raw eggs from the refrigerator. Then there are also the very annoying times when she makes an absolute mess of my make-up, chapstick, nail polish, lotions, or the pack of 500 tiny piggy tail elastics. She spends most of her day on a mission of destruction.
Nathanael is such a little lovebug. I adore looking at him when he's asleep. He has always been attached to certain cuddly bedtime things, like a particular stuffed bear that's really a baby teething toy, and a very soft ladybug blanket that was actually Claire's Christmas present two years ago. I love finding him either cuddled up with his stuffed animals or swaddled in his ladybug blanket. It reminds me what a tenderhearted little guy he is, even on days when he's pushed me to the brink of insanity.
For Christmas he got tablets to change the color of his bath water and a bath shaving kit. He was so excited to use both of those things and has used them many, many times since. He also got a viking ship for the tub. I love that he still likes to take baths and play in the tub like a little boy because so often he seems all grown up.
On the Saturday after Christmas we took a whirlwind trip to Dollywood. Nathanael had been talking about going back for a while, I knew the Christmas decorations would still be up, and I wanted to do something other than just stay home for the whole of Christmas break. So, we set off first thing in the morning with Mimi and Pop Pop in tow, spent the whole day standing in lines and riding a few rides, headed off for a nice warm dinner out, and then started the 3 hour journey home. It was cloudy and colder than I had anticipated, but the kids were troopers, Sam and Nathanael rode a real roller-coaster instead of only kiddie land rides (Sam loved it), and Claire was nuts for all the rides she got to go on. She has been asking "can I ride the piggies again" every single day since.
Just before the new year, we attended Owen's 3rd birthday. Even Papa got festive with a party hat.








1 comment:
It's so cute that he wants to shave all the time.
Post a Comment