She has also taken to pretending we are her kitties. She will pounce on top of us or squeeze us tight, all the while squealing "ohhhh, my sweet kitty kitty. Come here kitty kitty. Oh, kitty kitty. Eeeeeee". The girl is a nut!
Even when she's not pretending we are her kitties, she sometimes gets a little wild with her lovin'. She's a very affectionate gal and she gives the best squeezes.
With only one attempt, Claire became proficient at climbing out of her crib. After she did it the first time, she was so quick at it that as soon as we had closed her door after putting her to bed, she was opening it and walking out. So, there was no longer any point to keeping the crib rails up. I long for the days when she couldn't escape. Now it's impossible to keep her in her bed if she doesn't want to be there (and she seldom wants to be there). She shows up in our bed multiple times most nights. Sometimes I'm too tired to bother putting her back.
Another thing she has become proficient at is disrobing. Clearly her clothes are too accessible because multiple times throughout the day I find random clothes strewn about her room, and sometimes she is wearing an outfit I didn't originally dress her in, though it may be backward or inside out. Lately I find that I have to put her back in her pajamas about 5 times before she finally goes to bed. When she does wear pajamas, her favorites, the ones she will pick every single time if she's given a choice, are her "tigers" which were originally purchased for baby Sam.
Nathanael decided he was a Cardinals fan, at least for one night. I don't even know what game was being played, or really even which sport. Ok, ok, yeah, I know it was football (right?). But he came downstairs and requested help affixing his team's name on his forehead so that he could appropriately cheer them on.
After playing over at Max's house, he discovered that Max had a pulley system on his playhouse. Nathanael came straight home and persuaded Dad that he definitely needed a pulley system on his playhouse. It was an easy sell. Of course, when he wants to be, Nathanael is an absolute charmer. I think I can predict his future career path.
Sam was honored in his class for being among the handful of students who had passed all of their timed multiplication tests (through 12s) without any errors. He's known the multiplication facts for years, but the "no errors" element is tricky. He found the mock graduation ceremony to be embarrassing.
Sam was also the first runner-up in his class spelling bee. He was runner-up to Chelsea, a cute Asian girl. The Asian girls in his class are among my favorites of his classmates. They are sweet, kind, and obviously good kids. And Sam likes them too. He and Chelsea got to participate in the school spelling bee. Sam was very confident and excited to participate. He was disappointed that he didn't go further. He was out on "tassel", spelling it instead "tassle". Chelsea was the next one to get out after Sam.
For the boys, the highlight of the month was definitely the trip to Monster Jam! Sam had been before with long-lost buddy Henry, but Nathanael had been dying to go for a while. On the day of the show, he was so excited! He declared "we are going to have the time of our lives! I am, for sure, because it's my first time."







No comments:
Post a Comment