We REALLY wanted to take advantage of that quickly closing-in time when we could still leave the house. So, later we went to Mimi and Pop Pop's. Max was there too.
The kids and I are always most happy when Dad is home to play with them outside. I prefer the warmth of the indoors, and Dad has the energy to participate in their shenanigans outside.
Day two- we were trapped. The roads, at least as far as we could see, were covered in snow. The kids had a blast, particularly Nathanael. He spent as much time as he could handle out playing in the snow. In between outside play, there were piles of wet, soggy clothes sitting in front of the fire (thank goodness for new gas logs installed after Christmas) and boys sitting around drinking hot cocoa.
By day three, I thought it was never going to stop snowing! It's so pretty to watch from the window, but I can't handle the constant mess from the snow clothes, the constant chill, and being stuck at home, inside. We all got dressed as warmly as possible, considering most of us don't have the first stitch of waterproof winter clothing, and walked down to the neighborhood pool area to sled. Several neighborhood children joined in, taking turns on our one (borrowed) little sled. And FINALLY, as we were playing that morning, the snow tapered off and the sun came out. Finally, it seemed life would begin to return to normal.






No comments:
Post a Comment