Saturday, May 18, 2013

6 Months


And just like that, half of Claire's first year is gone. Tuesday marked her half birthday. It's bittersweet. I want desperately to cling to every passing moment, but I love watching her grow, learn, and change. She is such a sweetheart. I remember in the first few weeks, I would frequently turn to Paul and say "I can't get over her!" I still haven't. She is amazing. Everyone who ever sees her always asks, "is she always this happy?" Yes, she's always this happy! Well, except maybe on Sundays. She hates Sundays. Who can blame her. Interrupted schedules have never been my favorite either. But I digress...
Claire started to sit up at 5 1/2 months. She puts her paci in with ease and it's almost always upside down, which is super adorable. This week she started to hold her bottle to feed herself. I'm loving that. She has now had avocado, bananas, sweet potatoes, carrots, pears, kiwi, and peas. She mostly hates it all. She likes bananas and will eat anything else if mixed with them. Usually she will now eat avocado and sweet potatoes without gagging...usually. But the other things, always gagging and spitting or coughing them out. It's rather reminiscent of Sam. That does not make me happy. It does make Sam happy, though.
It's so fun having a happy baby. When she comes to Sam's school with me to volunteer, the ladies in the office are always so happy to see her. They love to talk to her and make her smile. All the children and teachers who pass us in the halls always ohh and ahh over her. Her own brothers are even still enamored with her. She loves to run her hands through Sam's hair; it makes her giggle. She loves when Nathanael says silly things to her. She is very interested in playing with toys and will maneuver herself across the floor by rolling or wiggling to get to something that she thinks looks interesting.
She is such a delight and I just. Can't. Get. Over. Her.

  

1 comment:

Heather's Pink said...

She is adorable. Still so bald, and I love that she is a sleeper for you! Too bad she has Sam's eating habits. I know that battle!