Sunday, April 21, 2013

5 Months


Last Sunday marked 5 months since Claire's birth. We love her more every day. She is such a joy to have in our home. She dazzles everyone with her sweet smiles. She is a very giggly girl. All I have to do is look at her funny and she will laugh. She also is very ticklish and that makes her laugh, too. Last weekend she had her first taste of solids: avocado. Since then she has also had bananas. Tomorrow we shall try sweet potatoes. Sleeping is still a struggle. She typically wakes up sometime around 3:15, but sometimes she wakes up twice. Recently, I started feeding her during the night again because I could hear her stomach growling. I can hardly blame her for wanting a middle of the night snack; my own stomach growls when I am up with her during the night. At least she's darling and cute. I hardly even mind when, sometimes, she ends up snuggled in bed with me. She SO loves to cuddle. Claire has been enjoying playing with toys lately. One of her favorites is a musical zoo and sometimes she's even successful at pushing the button. She loves instrumental music and when all else fails to settle her down, I sing to her. She is such a treasure.



No comments: