Tuesday, June 19, 2012

6 years goes too fast.

Like the blink of an eye, the last six years have past. Today is my baby boy's birthday and it breaks my heart how quickly he is growing up. I wish I could keep him little forever, yet I look forward to all the wonderful adventures we will have with him in the years to come. The day Sam was born was a miraculous, magical day. Though I won't even begin to say that each day since then has been as magical, being his mother is the most wonderful job I could ask for. I fail him daily, yet he is incredibly forgiving and tenderhearted. He is as feisty as he is affectionate. I wish, for his sake, he didn't inherit so much of my personality, but I love his innocence and tenacity. He makes me proud and he melts my heart.

This year's birthday survey:

1- What is your favorite food?
     Taquitos
2- What do you hope you never have to eat again?
     Carrots.
3- What is your favorite thing about school?
     Playground time
4- What makes you the happiest?
     Playing with my friends.
5- Where in the world would you like to go?
     Disneyland
6- What was the best thing about being 5?
     Really nothing. School was all I did when I was 5.
7- What is your favorite sport?
     Basketball
8- What is your favorite thing to do?
     Play with my friends.
9- What do you like most about our family?
     Our vacations
10- What do you want to be when you grow up?
     A basketball player
11- Who is your best friend?
       Tyler
12- What is your favorite color?
       Blue and orange
13- What do you and Dad do together?
       Play games together
14- What do you and Mom do together?
      Play games together



We also had Sam's birthday party today. Sam hand-selected his party guests, given the restriction that he could only invite 6 friends. It was a fun crowd. He also chose a sports theme, so we had a lunch of pizza with a pepperoni football on top and sports-themed cupcakes.


And who ever said that egg hunts had to be reserved for Easter alone? Today we had an egg hunt, a sports-egg hunt. Perhaps it was a little too hot for it, for the children gave up easily and had to be assisted in locating their eggs, but we did it nonetheless. And, of course, no summertime party at our house is complete without water guns and water balloons. After all, you have to have something to cool you off in the hot, hot June sun. I was amazed at how eager each boy was to present their gift for Sam's opening pleasure. And Sam and Nathanael delighted, all afternoon, in examining and experimenting with all of the new goods.
One happy birthday boy= mission accomplished.

2 comments:

Heather's Pink said...

So sad this will be Henry's last appearance on your blog. It looks like they had fun!

Julie said...

It is sad! Heartbreaking, in fact. We miss that little booger already. The boys have been asking almost daily if Henry is in china or on an airplane.