Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Coming soon....


Finally, after months of patiently (HA!) waiting, we are expecting a new addition to our family. From a very early age, becoming a mother was tops on my priority list. I never yearned for a fancy career, I just knew I needed to be at home raising babies. So, when becoming a mother did not come easily, I felt completely directionless. What was going to be the point of my life? Having struggled with conception myself, and having watched dear friends and siblings face the same struggles, I know what a precious miracle each of my children is. I am so grateful for them and they bring so much joy to my life. Fertility, or my lack thereof, has been one of the greatest challenges in my life. And, admittedly, not one that I have taken in stride. It has made me very angry much more often than humbled. In hindsight, do I see God's hand in the 2 blessings I already have? Of course, but, if I'm being honest, that didn't make it any easier during the thick of it. Nevertheless, I know that God is good and he loves us. And I thank Him for what will be our third (and dare I say final) child. I thank him for the privilege of being a mother. Not only do I get to be a mom, but I am blessed with a hard-working husband who provides so that I am able to stay home and nurture my children. I am abundantly grateful for that. I'm also grateful that he has been so patient as I stopped cooking dinner about a month ago.:-) Not once has he complained, and in fact, he has been making me waffles for dinner every night for the past week and a half since that seems to be one of the only things I find desirable.
We are so looking forward to another baby. What will it be? What will s/he look like? Act like? Will it be another Sam or another Nathanael? Or a whole new look and personality all his/her own? Sam wants a baby sister. Nathanael....he changes his mind daily. Sam will be a great big brother. He so loves playing with his baby cousins and I can't wait to see him interact with our own little one. 2012 is shaping up to be a great year, indeed.

9 comments:

Karen said...

What a sweet post. I am so, so, so happy for you and your family!

Leslie said...

Julie and Paul! WOOOOOOOOO!! YAY for another baby!!! Ben told me the news and to say I'm excited is an understatement! What a gift this sweet baby is....can't wait to meet him or her!!

When is the due date?! :)

So happy...
Les

Diamond said...

Love your family picture - and just think in a few months now you will have to update that beautiful pic with another beautiful pic with another beautiful "Rogers" family member (or two=)

Congrats! I understand so much what you said about already having 2 blessings, but also how it's still "hard when in thick of it".

Happy for you guys!Hoping all goes well. =)

Brad and Holly said...

I am so happy for you! And for your great family! Can't wait to hear more about him/hear in the upcoming months!

Jonna said...

Congratulations!! So excited for you both!!!

Julie said...

Yay!! Congratulations! We get to have babies close together! That will be so fun :)

Jenna said...

Hooray! I am so happy for you!!

We struggled with fertility for years and years and realize the amazing blessings that babies are. Super happy!

heidi said...

CONGRATULATIONS! i'll have scarlett start working on name suggestions in case kate doesn't work out.

ps- i get satisfaction from the fact that i already knew this. being in the know is the best.

Jenna said...

Jared just saw this post & said, "Ah! A baby girl!!"

Fingers crossed. :)