It's always some sports season in the Rogers house. Sam lives and breathes athletics. The first thing he asks as soon as he wakes up each morning is "Mom, can I have your phone?" On my phone I have an app which allows Sam to look up any scores from any sport he may have missed while he slept. And if there were no sports on while he slept? No worries, he'll spend countless hours looking at past seasons, analyzing every score in every game. I have no idea what he's doing in his little head, but it is his passion.
So, last weekend when presented with the opportunity to go to Clemson to watch their spring game, Sam was all in! It was a beautiful day and we made it a family event. I couldn't believe how many people were there! And I also couldn't believe how many of them were tailgating!!! It made me so jealous; I wished we had thought of that. Growing up, another of my favorite family outings was to the Clemson games. Tailgating, of course, was my favorite part. I was a fat kid; I loved me some Bojangles chicken, biscuits, and boiled peanuts. People in the south take tailgating seriously. In fact, many of the people who were in Clemson this past weekend only came to tailgate, or so it appeared, for there they sat in their folding chairs, koozies in hand as we headed back to our van before the game was over.

We had a great afternoon watching the Tigers play, eating Clemson ice cream, and then, after we'd had our dessert, having a meal in the student center.
No comments:
Post a Comment