Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fun in the snow, Southern-style

The snow has turned hard and is now more of a nuisance than a delight. We had our fun (mostly Paul and the boys. I hate being cold), now we want our normal routine back. Sam is sad that he hasn't been able to go to school all week. And Mommy (that would be me) is even more sad that he hasn't had school all week! I love him to bits, but that boy needs to go back to school.
But oh the fun things you can do in the snow.... First off, you get to wear really cool clothes.
The roads were so treacherous that everyone had to stay home, including Daddy (atleast for a little while) and he helped build a snow fortress. It ended up taller than this, but I didn't get a final picture.
Once Daddy returned back to work, Mommy found the courage to brave the winter weather for her beloved children's enjoyment. Our snow wasn't exactly the softest after the sleet left an inch-thick layer of ice on top.
But that layer of ice sure made for good sledding. And who needs a sled when you have a plastic rocking dog?

Shoot, who even needs a plastic rocking dog when you can use your own body?

Natey was just plain cute. As previously mentioned, the poor child doesn't exactly have appropriate Arctic gear, so he was utterly cold. But he wanted so badly to be outside. He couldn't find any sticks because they were all buried in the snow, so instead he just gathered ice.

Meanwhile, Sam and I built a snowman. Best dang snowman you've ever seen. Did I mention I hate being cold? What do you want from me? No, he doesn't have a face, but you get the point with the mittens and hat....which were so generously sacrificed by my freezing little baby.

And finally, the boys couldn't resist playing on their snow-covered playground. Sam is hoping to be the youngest man to ever climb Mt. Everest...right after he learns how to read.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate being cold too. Thats why I so generously passed up on the snow this year. :D
Love Love these pictures and your comments. Love the rocking blue dog "sled". Aren't you glad you kept it? ;) I loved seeing pictures of Paul out with his little boys too. And moms gotta do what moms gotta do right. Your a great Mom. Love ya.

RobinEddyLudwig said...

No offense, but I laughed and laughed at your snowman :)