Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Poopy pants saved the day

Today I took Sam to the Greenville Children's Museum with our friends, the Blattmans. This was my first trip but Sam had been before, with Paul. I knew to expect a long day, and since Nathanael had not had a nap this morning, I decided he wouldn't be able to make it the whole day. So he spent the day with Mimi. We got to the museum around 11 and ate lunch outside as soon as we arrived. There is a really neat climbing thing when you first go in. We then moved on to race car building/driving and airplane stuff. Next was one of Sam's favorite areas- the grocery store. Moments before we went into the grocery store area, I asked Sam if he needed to go potty. He adamantly insisted that he did not. Well, he loaded up his grocery cart and headed to the check-out. As he was waiting his turn to scan his goods, I recognized a look on his face that I haven't seen in a while.....the "uh oh, it's too late" look. I looked down and he was standing in a growing puddle!!! What do you do when your kid wets himself in the middle of a museum? And you have no spare clothing with you? And you just arrived? Well, thank heavens for random clothing kept by the museum folks. They gave me a bag to dig around in and I found some 5T shorts that I put him in. They were WAY too big, so I went back to ask for more, took him to the van to get new shoes (which I thankfully had) and changed him into the second pair of pants. Then I decided to check out the inside of the 5T shorts just to see if they were really even clean and I swear they had the tiniest bit of dried poo in them!!! I'm sure Sam's probably got some horrible communicable disease now.
Oh well....atleast he made the cutest construction worker that I've ever seen. I typically think of Sam as having become such a big boy. But today, he seemed so little to me. I love my little boy and he's growing up so fast!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That's when you know you've reached true "motherhood" so welcome to the club!!!