Friday, July 22, 2016

April

Somehow I keep getting further and further behind on this record of our lives. Perhaps it's because I wake up serving 4 demanding people and I go to bed serving 4 demanding people, and nowhere in between do I have peaceful quiet time to do as I wish. Sigh. This must be the life I so desperately longed for 12 short years ago...
Nevertheless, here is another monthly recap of a month long past, retold only by a few snapshots caught during the month and my fuzzy recollection of those events.
After the wild ending to our very tumultuous time, we enjoyed the rest of the kids' spring break. We took one more short day trip to Tallulah Falls Gorge for a little hiking and biking. It was rather crowded but a neat place to visit, with its swinging bridge and impressive gorge.  A few times a year, they do scheduled white water releases and we just happened to be there at the exact time they were doing one, so the gorge was rushing with water, which is typically not the case.




Claire tripped in the garage and hit her mouth on the threshold, resulting in a very nasty wound. Paul wanted to rush her off for stitches, thinking she had bitten straight through her lip. Poor Claire was hysterical about having to go to the doctor. In reality, I'm not sure if she bit through or not; it bled pretty bad, but cooler heads prevailed and we just applied pressure until the bleeding stopped. She healed up nicely. 



She spent most of the month just looking ridiculously cute. 






Claire and I continued our daytime adventures of playdates, Chick Fil A toddler times, and housework, while she sprinkled in catching inchworms, making her own lunch, and taking care of babies. 








We took our annual pilgrimage to the strawberry fields. 





And the boys and I had a mother/sons date at Chick fil A. Sam is apparently too old for a picture with costumed animals, but not too old to sit through a date with Mom in exchange for a chicken sandwich and ice cream. (Unfortunately, the cow had gone on smoke break or something when we were leaving and we were unable to have our picture made all together with him. Nathanael was quite disappointed.)









No comments: