Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Fall Sports Finale

Since Sam first began playing sports, I have never been as pleased to see the end of a sports season come as I was this fall. Nathanael's season of soccer was not nearly as burdensome as Sam's football season. Soccer only occupied one hour on Saturday. Sam had football usually 2 times a week for close to 2 hours each time, and the days varied. I think the inconsistent schedule bothered me the most. It's just hard to get home from school, get homework done, dinner made and fed, and get to one of three football fields on time. It has been a whirlwind since August.
Sam played for the Saints. The team was undefeated for the season and even won the Super Bowl. They got to play the Super Bowl on a real football field at Southside Christian School. Sam really enjoyed the experience and is undecided (though leaning towards yes) about whether or not he will play next year.


Nathanael enjoyed playing soccer again for the same coach as last season. He also was happy to play with his buddies, Dallin and Henni. Max was also on the team, playing for his first season at the Y, but after two weeks, Max quit the team, announcing that his future is actually in golf. Nathanael played hard, but I'm not sure he is really committed to the sport.





No comments: