Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Claire's First Birthday PaRtY


The Saturday following Claire's actual birthday, we celebrated her big day with a Teddy Bear party and her baby friends. Since the traditional 1st birthday cake in our family is a bear, I decided to go with that as a theme for her party. I didn't carry it through terribly far, but I did make a teddy bear banner, I made teddy bear ears for each baby, and we had teddy grahams and teddy bear pb&j sandwiches.



Babies in attendance were: Anne Quinn, Tessa, Brynn, Scarlett, Emmett and Blythe.





Claire must have realized that there was something to be excited about that day because she refused to take a nap. So, though she was only mildly testy at the party's beginning, she did not play with her friends and by the time we brought out her cake, but was just over it. 


Nathanael is always good for a photo-bomb.





Because no gathering of the cousins in complete without an obligatory grumpy baby photo shoot, we gave it a try. This time, I think Claire we the only one who remembered to put on her grumpy face.




No comments: