For my birthday this year we took our annual trip to Sky Top Apple Orchard. We took Sam out of school on an early dismissal and headed up after lunchtime. Unfortunately, about halfway there, I realized I had not brought a single diaper, nor had I changed Claire prior to departure. A rookie mistake. It was also a rather chilly, cloudy day. But, there was a very slim crowd, the scenery was perfect, the apple donuts were delicious (Claire enjoyed her first), and there were still apples to be picked.
We walked around a large portion of the orchard and the boys enjoyed picking a few apples. The goats at the orchard escaped their pen and enjoyed helping themselves to a few apples (or at least all the leaves off the trees), too. After a while we abandoned the picking and the boys headed to the playground. We didn't have time for the tractor ride this year; we had to hurry home to get Sam to soccer practice on time. So, we bought a peck of already picked apples and took our soggy-bottomed baby back home.




No comments:
Post a Comment