A couple of weekends ago we were reminded that, on occasion, it actually does snow in the winter. It was a Saturday, and most of us had found a quiet moment to take a little nap. But not long into our nap, Paul realized it was snowing and, knowing this is a rare occurrence in SC and not knowing how long it would last, he decided he better wake Nathanael up so he wouldn't miss it. The snow was so beautiful and the boys were so excited to layer up in their winter best. That's slim pickins in our house; the boys don't even own waterproof gloves. And when I pulled out a pair of boots we had recently received as hand-me-downs, I discovered it had once been home to a mouse who left empty pistachio shells and poop in it. Knowing we've never had pistachios in this house, I guess our friends must have a little guest at their house. Anyhow.... We quickly got the kids geared up and they headed outside.
Claire was not particularly amused by the cold and wet flakes touching her face. So, she and I enjoyed the warmth of the indoors. I have found in my old age that I sure love watching the snow fall from inside, but I don't like to be cold. So the boys enjoyed making snowballs and a dirty snowman. And soon, they too, came slipping back inside to warm up with some hot chocolate. The snow was all gone by morning, which suited me just fine.
2 comments:
It's awesome that your snowman has ears. :)
That was a lot of snow! Please don,t tell me those we're the boots we gave you, gross!
Post a Comment