Thursday, February 14, 2013

She makes me smile

 
Today Claire is three months old. And when I uploaded this picture that I took while getting her dressed for bed tonight, I couldn't help but smile. She is such a good, sweet, adorable baby. I am beyond smitten.
At three months old, Claire is generally sleeping through the night, though her wake time can range anywhere from around 5:00 to as late as 7:30. And on occasion she still wakes in the middle of the night, though this is becoming less frequent, and I don't feed her if she wakes in the night. She is not a consistent or long nap-taker. She generally catnaps during the morning, might take a longer nap of an hour or more in the afternoon, and catnaps during the evening. She generally eats 5 ounce bottles at 7:00 and 11:00 AM, followed by 4 ounce bottles at 3:00 and 6:00,  and finally another 5 ounces at 9:00 before being in bed by 10. Today, as she turned 3 months old, she used the last size 1 diaper we had in the house, so she's officially wearing size 2 now. And, though I still put her in some 0-3 month clothes, she has mostly outgrown those as well.
I love to hear Claire laugh. Though she has been smiling, cooing, and squealing for more than a couple months, she's really starting to laugh a lot lately. I can usually get her going by kissing on her sweet cheeks. She's just a happy girl.
Every afternoon, when it's time to go pick Sam up from school, I have to carry Nathanael to the van asleep. I love that after carrying him to the van, when I pick her up to load her into her car seat, she feels so teeny tiny. And at the end of the day, when I finally have nothing more to clean or any more chores, when I can finally sit down for the night, I love to hold her and feel her snuggle into my arms. I still haven't gotten over how amazing she is. I guess I never will.

1 comment:

Karen said...

She makes me smile too!