Monday, January 14, 2013

Time, where have you gone?

Claire is two months old today. I didn't even realize it until midway through the morning when, for some reason, the date was brought to my attention. She is growing so fast, too fast. I lament the speed at which her infancy is passing every day. She is such a precious girl and we all still adore her so.

Last night, in celebration of her 2 months of life, she skipped her 2:30 AM feeding, sleeping in until 5:30!! I don't want to jinx it, but I could totally get used to finally having a baby who actually sleeps through the night before her first birthday! Could it be?? I'm not expecting a repeat of that tonight.... But Claire has been a pretty easy baby so far. I absolutely cannot get enough of her sweet snuggles. I love that she likes affection. When she's ready to go to sleep, she loves to cuddle her head or face right into my neck, having my face laying against her head in some fashion. I love feeling her sweet little head on my shoulder. Her precious smiles melt my heart, particularly when I see her giving them to her brothers. She frequently can be found with her tongue out of her mouth. She likes to suck on her tongue, too, and makes the cutest little sucking sound when she's doing it, usually ending with a loud popping noise. Though it's against the rules, Claire likes to take her naps sleeping on her tummy. And I let her. Because she and I, we don't like to do things just because someone says we have to.
And though it's killing me that she is growing up so fast, I can't wait to see what the coming months will bring. I'm looking forward to seeing her become best friends with her 3 new girl cousins, Scarlett, Tessa, and Anne Quinn.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE her. And those boys holding her - so precious!

Heather's Pink said...

You deserve a good sleeper. After going through two boys who don't sleep ever!